Information for Landlords
Becoming a landlord is more popular than ever but it can be a stressful and time-consuming business if you’re new to the market or you are juggling too many balls! That’s where Woodhead Lettings can help.
We offer a complete but flexible service, ranging from the full management of a tenancy from start to finish, to everything in between. Whether you have years of experience and a huge property portfolio or are looking to rent out your first house - we can help.
Letting Only Service (Tenant Find Only)
- Letting and Full Property and Tenancy Management Service
First and foremost, we will come out and assess your property free of charge and chat with you about your hopes and aspirations as a landlord.
Moving forward, we’ll deal with the references for potential tenants, the viewings, carry out full and professional credit checks and deal with all of the legal paperwork, including tenancy agreements, property inventory and schedule of conditions, to give you everything you need to decide on the right tenant and get your property occupied.
Whichever Letting Service Option you choose both can include:
- Recommendations and advice – we will be happy to advise you on how to prepare your property for let and maximise its appeal
- Accompanies / shared viewings
- A full photographic inventory and written condition report
- Relevant utilities companies informed of meter readings and change of responsibility
- Local authority advised of change of responsibility for council tax
- A 6 month assured tenancy agreement
- The tenant’s deposit securely protected
- Completion and set up of bank instruction for monthly payments
If you decide to opt for the Full Tenancy and Property Management Service, we can take care of everything for you once the property is let, including:
- Regular inspections
- Rent collection
- Maintenance responsibility – we can provide reliable and reputable tradespeople to undertake repairs when necessary
- All queries from the tenant
And of course, we offer a full list of charges at the outset so there will be no hidden costs.
Marketing – Your property will get plenty of exposure – we advertise via:
- A marketing board placed on the property (this is optional but recommended)
- In our town centre office within our dedicated Letting Department
- Weekly in the local press
- Online through the market leading property websites – Rightmove and OnTheMarket.
- Online through Woodheads own website
- Online on the Guild of Property Professionals website – Woodheads are the Oswestry representative for the Guild so are the only agent in the Oswestry area with the ability to advertise on the Guild website
- Existing database of potential tenants ready and waiting
- Client money protection insurance - Lonsdale Insurance Brokers Ltd
- Redress scheme - The Property Ombudsman Milford House 43-55 Milford Street Salisbury Wiltshire SP1 2BP
- Deposit Protection Scheme - My Deposits
Please give us a call or pop into the office to speak to Charlotte Charley or Iola Dutton. We’re always happy to talk about the local property market.
Alternatively you can contact us by email at email@example.com